If you're searching for the best resistance bands, it's more than likely you already know how effective resistance band exercises are to your results.
More than likely, you've been using resistance bands for some time. Or you are just beginning to have the idea of recognizing resistance bands. It doesn't matter, we let you have a better understanding of resistance bands in this page.
Just like you can find a supplement for just about everything, there's also a resistance band for every possible workout you could want to do. No matter you want to train your arms, glutes, legs, or abdomen, the resistance bands can make it possible.
Compared with exercises such as dumbbells and barbells, resistance bands have very obvious advantages (not a substitute, but they can complement each other well)：
- Resistance bands provide a different kind of workout. In addition to being as effective as more expensive equipment, resistance bands offer many unique perks:
- They increase coordination. Bands work much like a cable machine, allowing you to keep constant tension on the muscle. You'll also incorporate more stabilizer muscles to keep the band in alignment throughout each exercise, adding a different dynamic to the same old moves. This helps with coordination and balance and it also helps you involve more muscle groups.
- You get a good workout. You can perform the same exercises you do with free weights. The difference lies in positioning the band. For example, you can stand on the band and grip the handles for bicep curls or overhead presses. You can attach it to a door and do triceps pushdowns. You can wrap the band around a pole or chair for chest exercises or shoulder rotations. You can even do exercises on the floor like these seated biceps curls. The possibilities are endless and you'll find there are a number of exercises and workouts available to you.
- They add variety. Resistance band allow you to change your positioning in multiple ways and create resistance from all directions—the side, overhead, behind, below, etc. This changes how your body works and how an exercise feels.
- They're inexpensive. Bands range anywhere from $6 to $30, depending on how many you get and where you buy them, which is nice for the budget-conscious exerciser.
- They don't take a lot of space. Unlike equipment that require a lot of floorspace, resistance bands can easily be tucked under a bed or dresser or put in in closet.
- They travel well. Resistance bands weigh very little. You can easily pack them in your suitcase for travel and do exercises in the car or in your hotel room—perfect for when you're short on time and don't have access to your usual equipment.
- They're great for all fitness levels. Depending on how you use them, bands can be great for beginners as well as more advanced exercisers. You can use them for basic moves or add intensity to traditional moves.
Buying TipsIf you are looking for a way to choose resistance bands, there are some methods here. According to your own situation, you can start with weight, length and types.
Under normal circumstances, the resistance band's weight is generally expressed in pounds(1 pound is approximately 0.45kg), whatever its width and thickness in any length belt.
If you are a lady who starts with no fitness foundation and average muscle strength, you can choose a resistance band with a starting weight of about 15 pounds; If you have a certain fitness foundation and greater muscle strength, you can choose a resistance band with a starting weight of about 25 pounds;
Those men who are no fitness foundation or women who have strong muscle can choose a resistance band with a starting weight of about 35 pounds; Professional bodybuilders can choose an elastic band with a starting weight of about 55 pounds.
LengthThe more common resistance band has a length of 81 inches, and there are also products with different length specifications such as 47 inches, 71 inches, and 78 inches.
Theoretically, the longer the resistance band, the better. But considering the convenience of use, the resistance band's length should not exceed 98 inches, and the resistance band of 98 inches or more looks a little too long even if it is folded in half. It will let you feel procrastinated and uncomfortable when using it.
On the other hand, it should not less than 47 inches. Otherwise, it is prone to excessive stretching and shortening the service life of the resistance band.
But if you want to find the bands which are only for leg training, you can choose the bands with 32 inches.
Depending on the shape of resistance bands, there are mainly three types of resistance bands on the market: ribbon, strip, and rope (cylindrical long rope).
For yoga users, a thin and wide resistance band is more suitable; for users who gain muscle, a thick and long strip resistance band is more flexible and easy to use; for athletes, the solid and durable cylindrical rope-like (fabric-wrapped) resistance band is the best choice. If you are chasing high strength training, a cylindrical long rope is also available.
How to use
There are many specifications of resistance bands shape, ranging from 10 pounds to 30 pounds, mainly based on length and elasticity. When choosing resistance bands, we must choose according to personal exercise ways and recent exercise intensity. Before doing the resistance bands exercise, you must warm-up, and then you can do a series of actions. The way of using it is simple. Not only could it exercise many muscle groups, but also stimulate the core muscles, whether it is training legs, buttocks, or back, the effect is all Not bad.
Different from the material of the resistance bands type1, this kind of resistance band is made of natural rubber, which has good elasticity, high strength, and good overall performance. Because pulling force has good resilience, it is often used in yoga training. Combined with certain yoga movements, it can achieve a better shaping effect. In addition, the strength of the tension band is more suitable for younger teenagers and women. It can stretch and exercise the muscles of the whole body and help shape the perfect body shape.
Which is better?
When we have a certain understanding of two types of resistance bands, we will find that the two training focuses are not the same. As for which is better, it depends on what kind of training effect the trainer wants to achieve. If you want to exercise muscle strength, then it is best to choose like type1. If you want to shape your body, type2 performs better. In short, the fittest for you is best.
According to resistance bands' choosing, price and quality are only 2 big points of choosing the best bands for you. If your resistance bands are peeling, stretching, and tearing, your results and performance are going to suffer.
If you go cheap on quality, you're going to go through numerous bands depending on how much you use them. If you're only using them a few times a year, you may not experience any problems.
If you're going to be using your resistance bands daily or numerous times a week, it's worth the investment to get high-quality bands.
In this section, I strongly recommended you to choose the resistance bands set of Power Guidance! Which suits those who want to group muscle. Whether you have training for a long time, or just start your fitness life.
And there is perfect bands which suit to every levels of fitness lovers. Now we have a special code for you!! Click here and buy it for your new year tools!